I have attempted polenta in the past, however unsuccessfully. So, when I saw several recipes for Polenta in donna hay magazine, I attempted yet one more time. Polenta is so, so easy. I don’t know what I was afraid of. I served these chips with Isaac’s favorite chicken dish and some roasted brussel sprouts and everyone in my house was perfectly happy with their meal! I love when that happens!
These would make a really good nosh before the Halloween mayhem starts on Sunday night. I am loading my kids up on protein and veggies all day. Boycotting sugar this weekend for fear of what’s to come!
Happy Halloween, everyone!
adapted from DH issue 51
3 1/2 cups homemade chicken stock
1 cup instant polenta
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
• place the stock in a heavy duty pan. bring to a boil.
• gradually whisk in the polenta. you want to add slowly, whisking the whole time. otherwise you will get lumps and you can’t get the lumps out.
• cook 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
• remove from heat and add the Parmesan, salt, and a little pepper.
• spread mixture into a lightly greased baking pan (i used a quarter sheet pan).
• refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until set.
• slice into strips.
• preheat oven to 425*. brush strips with a little olive oil. place on lightly greased tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
these are also really good with a side of homemade marinara!
Print This Post