yield: lots and lots
3/4 cups walnuts, raw
3 ounces | 82 grams | 3/4 cup natural almonds, raw
1/3 cup cashews, raw
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, raw
12 ounces | 352 grams | 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted, organic butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/3 cup muscovado sugar
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
3/4 cup dried figs, chopped
1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
1/2 cup golden raisins
• preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large shallow baking sheet with foil. Spread the walnuts, almonds, peanuts, and sunflower seeds on the sheet and roast for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly toasted. Transfer the nuts to a board, let cool and rough chop. Set aside.
• reduce the oven temperature to 300°F. Pour the oats and sesame seeds into a very large bowl. melt the butter over medium heat. stir in the maple syrup, muscovado sugar, and salt, stir to combine.
• drizzle on top of the oats. stir well with a rubber spatula and then spread out the mixture on the same baking sheet you used for the nuts.
• bake the mixture for 25 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
• add the toasted nuts and the sesame seeds in an even layer on top of the granola. cook for 5 minutes
• add the fruit in an even layer over the nuts and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
• let cool and don’t stir. the mixture will firm up as it cools.
• store in a glass container with a tight lid. stays fresh for 2 weeks.
More Granola Goodness:
Really Healthy Granola – Organic Spark
Easy Homemade Granola – The Amateur Gourmet
Baked Granola – Technicolor Kitchen
Pantry Granola – Kiss my Spatula
Grain Free Granola – Elana’s Pantry
Great Granola – Three Many Cooks